KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Florida
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, Fla.
Sept. 8, 2018
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 27, No. 25 Florida 16
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 2-0. Florida is 1-1. This was the Southeastern Conference opener for both teams.
- Florida leads the series 51-18 but tonight ended UF’s 31-game win streak.
- This was UK’s first win in Gainesville since 1979 and first time UK has defeated a ranked UF team in Gainesville.
- This was UK’s first win over a ranked Florida team since 1976, when UF was ranked No. 15.
- Next for the Wildcats: on Sept. 15, UK plays host to Murray State. Game time is at noon and it will be televised on SEC Network alternate channel.
- UK moves to 2-0 for the second straight season and fourth time in the past five years.
- UK won its SEC opener for the second year in a row, first time that has been accomplished since 2006-07.
- UK won its SEC road opener for the second year in a row, first time that has been accomplished since 1983-84.
- This was Kentucky’s first win over a ranked opponent since winning at No. 11 Louisville in 2016.
- This was UK’s first win over a ranked SEC opponent since No. 25 Missouri in 2015.
- This was UK’s first road win over a ranked SEC opponent since 1998 at No. 21 LSU.
- UK has had two players rush for at least 100 yards in each of the first two games. Tonight it was Benny Snell and Terry Wilson. In the first game it was Snell and A.J. Rose.
- UK’s game captains were S Mike Edwards, RB Benny Snell, LB Josh Allen and LB Kash Daniel.
- Sophomore quarterback Terry Wilson completed 11 of 16 passes for 151 yards and his first two UK touchdown passes.
- He rushed for 105 yards, his first 100-yard game as a Wildcat. He is the first UK quarterback to break the century mark since Jalen Whitlow ran for 101 vs. Alabama State in 2013.
- He is also the first UK quarterback to rush and throw for at least 100 yards since Whitlow vs. Alabama State in 2013.
- His 54-yard touchdown bomb to Lynn Bowden is the longest pass of his young UK career.
- Junior running back Benny Snell Jr. rushed 27 times for 175 yards.
- Has 2,724 career yards, moving past Derrick Locke (2,618) and George Adams (2,648) for fifth place on the UK career list.
- Snell has 14 100-yard games in his career, moving past Rafael Little and Moe Williams for second place in school history.
- Snell ended a streak of seven straight games with a touchdown.
- Senior wide receiver David Bouvier caught a 29-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter, his second TD in as many games.
- Sophomore wide receiver Lynn Bowden Jr. hauled in a 54-yard bomb for a third-quarter touchdown. It is the first TD of Bowden’s career and his career-long pass reception.
- For the game, he caught four passes for 79 yards, tying his career-high receiving yards.
- For the second consecutive game, junior linebacker Kash Daniel led the Wildcats with 11 tackles.
- Senior safety Darius West picked off a pass in the fourth quarter. It is the second interception of his career, both coming vs. Florida (also 2017).
- Senior linebacker Josh Allen totaled five tackles, a sack, one-half tackle for loss, caused one fumble, broke up a pass and had a quarterback hurry.
- His sack on the final play of the game was picked up and returned for a touchdown by Davonte Robinson.
- He entered the game leading all active SEC players in career sacks with 15.5.
- Sophomore safety Davonte Robinson scooped the fumble and went 30 yards for a touchdown on the game’s final play.
- Junior defensive tackle Phil Hoskins collected his first collegiate sack in the second quarter, a key play in stalling a Florida drive and forcing a field goal.